Saturday, February 7, 2009

Et tu, A-Rod?


Sports Illustrated is reporting that Alex Rodriguez tested positive for anabolic steroids in 2003, and was tipped off in advance of later tests by MLBPA general counsel Gene Orza. A-Rod, the AL home run champ of that year and several others, has a more than decent shot at passing Barry Bonds to finish as the career home run leader.

And what will that mean now? Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

The whole world knows Barry Bonds cheated systematically and for years. Anyone who knows me has heard of my high hopes that A-Rod could get past him and we could once again have a clean home run record holder.

Pardon my naivete. I should have known better.

Hank Aaron played clean, played hard, and played under incredible pressure to break Babe Ruth's record. I don't care what the apologists say. Hank Aaron is the real Home Run King.

No comments: